Joy of 'Orkutting'

Posted by Anantha | Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hey ,

I have been an active member of Orkut from past few days. Its an amazing site.. nice way of keeping in touch with frnds.
Here i found lot of my old frnds / aquaintances. It feels good to know their well being, beating the geographic barrier.

Here there are some communities, where in registered Orkut member can be become a member of the community s/he wants. But many of the communities are created by some XYZ on any topic s/he likes. I found some of the weirdest communities also here. To name a few, 'I hate Ektha Kapoor', 'I hate Yesudas', 'SRK is chu****'... come on whats the use of such communities; even owner may fail to answer. But there are few real good communities [I wouldn't call them very active..but still].
These communities can be used in a powerful manner in a huge magnitude... to enforce some changes in society... to share knowledge.. to discuss some literary wrks.. etc. I found these kinda activities in very few communities. One of such is Mahabharath - some punyatma has started with idea of quizzing on the gr8 epic, may be some where in FEB its still going on. I got to know know lot of unknown things abt Mahabharath by this.

I feel there is lotta untapped potential from these kinda CONCEPTUAL websites...

B4n

Signing Off,
Anantha Madhava

Comments (1)

oye! 'I hate Yesudas' is no crap community!(btw the name has changed now into "Yesudas' Classical Music Hater"(http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=6886609) hating his cclassical music indicates a certain kind of musical sensibility, n hence we have loads of things to talk about out there. take a few minutes to follow the discussions and u wud know how different it is from an 'I hate Ekta Kapoor' type:)

Post a Comment