A typical boring conversation...

Posted by Anantha | Posted in , | Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006

Every where we find these kinda guys. Even you would have faced these kinda guys in ur daily life, with whom you just want to cut-off the conversation and turn ur face away. This was one such conversation i had with my colleague in my office cab. Lets call him Mr X.

.
.
Me: how was the weekend?
Mr X: yeah gr8, i had been to Mysore with frnds in my new Santro..

comment: Is the objective of the sentence in the second part ?



Me (deliberately ignoring his second part of the message): How was it..?
X : It was good.. as it was a new car, i wanted to test its max capacity... i reached 110 km/hr some times... this is the maximum speed I could touch on Indian roads...

comment: so you want me to ask the question "in which other countries have u driven the car..?"


Me: Ohhh (surely not an exclamation)
Mr X : You know... when i was in US, i have touched 140 Km/Hr once...

comment: Needless to say, every alternate sentence of a 4+ yrs exp s/w engr starts with a phrase "When i was in US/Canada/Japan/Germany/...."



Me: oh..
Mr X: U know in US its very different there, ppl follow traffic rules there. I hardly have heard a single honk in my 2 Yrs of stay there

comment: so u want to say that u stayed there for 2 Yrs..?


Me(just an artificial smile): ....
Mr X: I even feel the traffic system of Japan is equally good as of US

comment: I'll never ask you, "Ohh thats great, u had been to Japan also...?"


Me(another wry smile): ...
Mr X: When ever i think of my stay in Japan..I have to say this, Food is quite costly there in Japan.. I still remember paying 900 Yens.. i.e.,.. approx 350 in Indian rupees for a single Masala dosa...

comment:This was not the convversation i wanted to have for a single question of 'How was the weekend ?'

Me : ...
Mr X (after a late realization of that this guy doesn't seem to be interested in my foreign trips): How was ur weekend?

comment: This was the question I was expecting b4 20 mins. Even though my tonge wanted to say 'I had a rocking party in Gullu's chats!! One of my frnds gave us a treat', but that would look quite ordinary for this guy who gave me a glimpse of his foreign trips when i just asked him about his weekend. Wanted to retort to his question by saying 'Had been to Amsterdam, as i had to reach a bottle of pickle left by my uncle's cousin's father-in-law's second wife in our house !!!'. But wanted not to be so rude, ended up saying

Me : nothing much ... slept at home..

Hence pulling off the curtain for a boring conversation... and started looking through the window pane..

Comments (5)

preassuming dis was totally your cr+e+ati+vity i put 9/10 on your instanteneous commenti+ng capability . u miss out 1 for allowing X to continue wid his sun shine "santro".else very hilarious

gud one Anantha!!!..very true too......hope u remeber me...from MVIT(telecom)

Madhavs!!!!!!!!!!
I enjoyed it . feel like meeting you man. Maybe will pop in tonight ... oh wait!!! my advisor would have sent a mail ... do this ... why not try that ... there is some opening here ... life has been like this .... but i am enjoying every second of it ... every minute of it ... every hour of it .... somebody asked me what yyou doing man what u gonna do ? is not life spent enjoying more beautiful than life spent aiming !!!
Who posted this? I know you ask ... you got the clue ...
Arun man those hour long calls before the lab exam ... and the hour long calls after the lab exams ... remember them ...

[to Aruns]:
Maga,
first of all thx for the comment on my post...

I just wanna say one thing on one of ur lines - 'is not life spent enjoying more beautiful than life spent aiming !!!'

Maga, the secret of enjoying life is in aiming kaNo.. and ur already doing do it :)

i loveeeeeeeeeeee this u rock :):)

Post a Comment