Women's Day Quiz!

Posted by Anantha | Posted in | Posted on Monday, March 08, 2010

On the occasion of Women's Day, I wish all my female readers, friends, cousins, colleagues a very happy Women's Day. And a special salute to my Amma and sis.

Below is a mail FWD I got containing a collage of 25 famous Indian female personalities. Name them!

I will keep the contest open for few days and will update the answers in the end.


Update - 15th March:
My friend Rekha had forwarded this mail to me. It is always fun to answer these Who's who kind of quizzes, especially pictorial ones. That is why I posted it in my blog. Without any help I could recognize 22 pics. I could not name 13th, 14th and 15th pic. Then an intelligent Google search revealed me the name of the person in 15th pic. Rekha gave me the answer for 14th. I still am not convinced about the answer for 13th pic. 

So here is the list of answers:
  1. Madhubala
  2. Indra Nooyi
  3. Arundhathi Nag
  4. Kirron kher
  5. Medha Patkar 
  6. Kalpana Chawla
  7. Sudha Chandran
  8. Shabana Azmi
  9. Kiran Mazumdar
  10. M.S.Subbulakshmi
  11. Usha Uthup
  12. Sania Mirza
  13. Kiran Desai (I doubt this...)
  14. Kamala Selvaraj
  15. Rukmini Devi Arundale - famous dancer
  16. Shubha Mudgal
  17. Arundathi Roy
  18. Karnam Malleswari
  19. Shobha De
  20. Kamala Das - Rebellious bilingual (Malayalam & English) poet who passed away recently. She had gotten converted to Islam and had assumed the name Kamala Surayya in later part of her life.
  21. Barkha Dutt
  22. Kiran Bedi
  23. P.T.Usha
  24. Shanaaz Hussain
  25. Mira Nair

Update - 19th March:
13th pic is of 26 year old Lakshmi Venu who joined as board of director for TVS in August 2009. 
Thanks to Rekha for giving me this answer too.

Comments (4)

I am pretty poor at this. However, I want to have a shot:
1. Madhu Bala
2. Kalpana Chawla
3. Arundathi Nag
4. Kiron Kher
5. Medha Patkar ??
6.
7. Someone called Kamonika or something?
8. Shabana Azmi
9. Kiron Mazumdar Shaw
10. Dr. M.S.
11.
12. Sania
13. 14. 15 :(
16. shubha mudgal
17. Gul Panag ??
18.
19. Shobha De
20
21. Barkha
22. Kiran Bedi
23. k Malleshwari??
24 25 :(

Give answsers soon!

@Shashia,

Good attempt Shashi. I will announce the correct answers in 2-3 days.

Hey Ananth,

Here are my answers-

1) Madhu Bala
2) Indra Nooyi
3) Arundati Nag
4) Kiron Kher
5) Megha Patkar
6) Kalpana Chawla
7) Sudha Chandran
8) Shabana Azmi
9) Kiran Mazumdar
10) M.S. Subbalakshmi
11) Usha Uthup
12) Sania Mirza
13) Anju Bobby George(not sure)
14)
15) Mallika Sarabhai
16) Subha Mudgal
17) Arundhati Roy
18) Karnam Malleshwari
19) Shobha De
20)
21) Barkha Dutt
22) Kiran Bedi
23) P.T Usha
24)
25) Meera Nair

Missed 4 :-(

@Hemanth,
You missed 4 and guessed 2 wrongly :)
You were not sure of 13th one, yes she is not Anju Bobby George, 15th pic is not of Mallika Sarabhai's.

However, a nice try..

Post a Comment