Now that’s a damn serious issue!

Posted by Anantha | Posted in , | Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008

Its not a sunny MON morning. Im just about to settle down on my chair, my TL comes striding towards me and says, "I want the current defect to be closed by EOD. It’s a damn serious issue, customer needs the solution badly.."

My reflexes to all such ‘orders’ will be relatively slow on MON mornings. After tasting life the previous weekend and seriously infected by MON blues it ought to be slow right..? I looked at my TL as God would look at a child who is praying to him for a lolly pop. Imagine how would that Supreme power who controls the swaying of every grass blade on earth smile when being pleaded for a lolly pop by a kid. Ya.. I held a similar expression on my face. I could see him speaking some thing further but I was lost in my own thoughts.

He says some blah blah defect is a damn serious issue… WTH..!!

This morning I saw a new toddler working in a petty hotel near by my house. He must have been forced to quit school and made to join this hotel to join hands with two more little boys who have been working there since few years. He must have come from any village near Mandya/Mysore. Now this guy and his future is a new prey for the everlasting struggle for survival.
Now that’s a damn damn damn serious issue…

The other day I saw an aged homeless lady taking shelter in front of a closed shop near my house. She continued to be seen around the same place for quite some time. I have tossed few coins on her spread out sack few times. From past few days I am not seeing her in her usual so called shelter. I donno where that old soul has moved to. She was too feeble to walk around, some thing bad might have happened to her…? God forbid. May God bless her, where ever she is.
Now that’s a damn damn damn serious issue..

Last FRI, inflation was shot up to 11.05%, highest in last 13 years, Now that’s a damn damn damn damn serious issue..

My dad seems to be getting acquainted to his illness than to fight it out with his gumption. Now that’s a damn damn damn serious issue…

And my TL says some zilch of a defect is a serious issue for some gappu customer located in some gappu land…. WTH…

I was still smiling like a God in front of a kid who is praying to him for a lolly pop :)

Comments (10)

dude, some issues are termed as serious based on whether u can take any immediate actions on them or not...

for ur TL, it is a serious issue coz he can action on it by asking u to do it, for u, something would be a serious issue coz u can action on it.

the issues mentioned there, of the child worker and old lady have to be addressed by the Govt. These r happening from times immemorial.. whatever u do, this will continue as long as there is the need for urgent money by people and no ways of getting it. Be happy that the kid is atleast working rather than begging or thieving from someone!

abt ur dad, I agree, it is a highly damn damn damn damn serious issue!

Hey Suksy,

Yeah.. ur right in saying some issues are termed as serious based on whether u can take any immediate actions on them or not...

And more over the comparison of the issues I have mentioned are like saying rose is more red than the sweetness of the mango. So unrelated they are, the issues are of different altars.

But its a MON morning.. MON blues... hope u understand. And I posted this article under the tags Whims, Mood swings.

Oh God!!

Serious ISSUES...

It happens with everyone around in the Software field. I read an article which concluded that, busy is just another form of laziness.

When something comes as Serious issue I feel that it should have been taken care in the initial stage only so that the issue does not become a Serious one!

I think the health of your dad is very serious issue and I suggest you better take care of him now and even if he can't fight it out you ensure that he takes the right steps in that direction, you never know how it might turn things..

[to Saravanan],

Yeah man, im doing it to my best...

[to Saravanan and Suksy and who ever reads this post],

Guys,
I felt elated writing the lines I was still smiling like a God in front of a kid who is praying to him for a lolly pop

I mean, its a nice feeling to feel u are God for a moment eh.. :)

deva , in any case u dont fix that serious bug ..
..u could end up on the other side of the lolly pop and thats a damn damn damn thing. :)

[to Jagadish]:

I had to give him the lolly pop the next day.. :(

Hi Anantha,

I am Rajesh from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:

We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday


We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help. Pls mail me back at rajesh@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.

Rajesh
Blog Editor- SiliconIndia
9886734775

Super thoughts anna!

Though it is just mood swings on a monday morning, each of those makes perfect sense.

Sometimes, the seriousness of some issues are such that other, even more serious issues fall flat in front of them. Today, fixing a bug might be a damn serious issue and needs immediate attention. But tomorrow, the whole company might fall apart and you never know what is a serious issue- the inconsequential, small bug or job itself :)

And my TL says some zilch of a defect is a serious issue for some gappu customer located in some gappu land - nice lines, I could not control my laughter as i read through it.

I am sure aanu will definitely get the strength to fight out his illness and be as normal as all of us. I pray that happens soon.

[To Shashi mam]:

Sometimes, the seriousness of some issues are such that other, even more serious issues fall flat in front of them

yeah.. ur so rite..

....nice lines, I could not control my laughter as i read through it.
sarcasm is some thing which i cant avoid in these kinda write-ups.. :)

Thanks a lot for ur prayer.. I need it.

Post a Comment