I'm a social investor now!

Posted by Anantha | Posted in , | Posted on Thursday, October 07, 2010

Ever since Muhammad Yunus got a Nobel Peace Prize in 2006, the idea of Microfinance has always fascinated me. I think Microfinance as one of the earnest modes of economic inclusion of the poor and needy people. I was more than happy when I was introduced to Rang De through Srinidhi. After a bit of initial hesitation and procrastination, I decided to become a social investor by lending Rs.5000/- through Rang De.

I let Rang De decide the borrowers for my investment. Below are the profiles of two borrowers, both from Orissa who are going to be benefited by my money.






I will be more than happy if both Tara Bai, Khileshwari and many such women in India are able to setup / flourish their businesses by the concept of Micro Finance. Read the FAQs in Rang De if you are interested in becoming a social investor. Watch this interesting video about Rang De too.


Comments (5)

Congrats on your investment. Hope the borrowers gain financial independence asap...

As of now Rangede is also conducting a small contest on their facebook page, offering gift vouchers of Rs 500. Check it out if interested

Interesting Madhav.. Good way !!! I am definitely checking this out!

So long since you posted something..... Do write something...

Hows ur investment doing? Started getting returns? Good that you didn't chose AP

@All, guys, I was on a brief(!) hiatus from my blog. Sorry, for not replying to all your comments.

@Deep, ya.. do try this

@Sum, I am back! :)

@Nidhi, I was happy to check my RangDe account recently and found out that the two beneficiaries have repaid the loan amount. I hope the loan was of use for them and also wish their businesses all the best. RangDe does not update about the status of the beneficiaries after the successful repayment, which I think they should do.

What about AP? Dint you get your loan amount returned..?!

Post a Comment